CPD at Reach South Academy Trust
Working with children and young people is one of life’s greatest privileges. As educators, or those that enable education to occur, we literally create the future. At Reach South we work together for the benefit of young people; our children deserve a workforce that is motivated, reflective, knowledgeable and constantly improving. We understand that to achieve this we need to continuously invest in, value, and develop our people. We recognise that when staff feel professionally valued and supported that this is reflected in their work and interactions, both with children and adults.
Our ethos with regards to CPD is:
- We embrace our collective efficacy, believing in collaboration not competition.
- We are all educators- everyone has expertise to share.
- We are all learners- there is always something more to learn and we are open to learning.
It takes a multitude of individuals to create an organisation and we appreciate that everyone in our organisation is an individual with their own strengths, skills and interests. Since every colleague in Reach South contributes to the development and success of young people, we value and invest in all roles and career pathways. An indication of the types of CPD that you can expect as part of Reach South are outlined below:
- Access to fully funded Apprenticeships
- Access to the Early Career Framework
- The opportunity to hear from inspirational speakers, such as Mark Roberts, Louise Bomber and Marc Rowland
- An individual account with The National College
- Regular Mental Health Training Sessions, run by Simon Cooper-Hind
- External opportunities to complete the Mental Health First Aid L3 qualification
- Access to National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)
- Leadership residential
- Governors’ Conference
- Hub Meetings and networks
- Anti-Racism Award with Leeds Beckett University
Further information will become available about our Learning Festival during our Spring Term in 2024.
To discuss our CPD package, please contact our Head of Professional Development, Cate Bennett by contacting email@example.com or follow our Eventbrite page.