Frequently Asked Questions
Here you can find a list of our frequently asked questions (FAQ's). If you can't find the answer you're looking for then please contact us.
1. How do I contact Recruitment directly?
You can contact the Recruitment Team on the details below.
2. Can I apply for multiple vacancies at once?
You’re welcome to apply for multiple vacancies. Visit the vacancies page and use the filters to match to the available jobs that suit you.
3. I want to visit the school I’m interested working for. is that possible?
We can facilitate visits from prospective candidates, this is best organised by contacting the relevant school to arrange.
4. I don’t want to complete an application form; can I send my CV?
We cannot accept CV’s.
To apply, choose the ‘Apply Now’ button from the relevant job vacancy to complete the application form
5. Can I send my application form by post or drop it into one of your Schools?
You can only apply through the ‘Apply Now’ button on the job vacancy. If you’re having problems please contact Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org
6. How many referees do I need to give?
As part of Safer Recruitment, we are required to look at a 3-year employment history. Therefore, we will require contact details for each referee within that period.
Initially we ask you to include two referees and their contact details within your application. Take care to ensure the details are correct as it will avoid any potential delays to the pre-employment cycle and your start date.
7. Will you contact my references before I interview?
We will only contact your references if you give permission for us to do so.
8. I have some gaps in my employment, does that matter?
Where you have gaps in your employment history, please provide explanation within your application form. For example: If you took a career break to raise a family, please highlight this.
9. Where can I find out about what employee benefits are available?
There are many reasons to join Reach South Academy Trust. You can visit our benefits' brochure here to read all about it.
10. I want to join Reach South Academy Trust, but not right now, can I send a speculative application or CV?
Thank you for your interest in joining Reach South Academy Trust. Please apply to our talent pool here.
Due to Safer Recruitment, we cannot accept your CV.
11. Can you use my current DBS?
We are required to complete a new DBS for all new employee’s unless you are on the update service. If you are on the update service, please declare this to save valuable time
12. If I don’t get an interview, will you still notify me?
We don’t believe in keeping you hanging. We notify all candidates with updates on your application after job closing.
13. I’ve seen one of your adverts, what does pro-rata mean?
Pro rata salary is an amount of pay you will receive based on what you would earn if you worked full-time in that role.
For example, if an employee’s salary would be £20,000 pro rata in a 40-hour week, but they only work 30 hours a week, their annual salary would be £15,000.
14. What should I include in the ‘Education’ part of my application?
Include any qualifications relevant to the role and listed on the Person Specification within the Job Description. Please include your highest level qualification and be prepared to provide these certificates at interview should you progress to this stage.
15. I’ve been shortlisted for an interview, what do I need to bring with me?
Please bring with you certificates that relate to the qualifications you have put on your application and 3 valid forms of identification from the guidance here - Dfe DBS ID Checking Guidelines