Mental Health and Well being
Reach South Academy Trust takes the health and wellbeing of all of its staff very seriously.
Happy, healthy children do better in school and they need happy, healthy staff to help them thrive. Staff wellbeing is a vitally important aspect of a whole school approach to wellbeing for all, and as school staff juggle a multitude of different tasks and demands, it is important that everyone is given the right emotional and practical support so that they can, in turn, support their pupils.
Mental wellbeing describes your mental state - how you are feeling and how well you can cope with day-to-day life.
Our mental wellbeing is dynamic. It can change from moment to moment, day to day, month to month or year to year.
If you have good mental wellbeing you are able to:
- feel relatively confident in yourself and have positive self-esteem
- feel and express a range of emotions
- build and maintain good relationships with others
- feel engaged with the world around you
- live and work productively
- cope with the stresses of daily life
- adapt and manage in times of change and uncertainty
But we all have times when we have low mental wellbeing, where we feel stressed, upset or find it difficult to cope.
Common life events that can affect your mental wellbeing include:
Stress, loneliness, inactivity, lack of sleep are all negative for mental wellbeing.
Other times there is no clear reason for why we feel the way we do - which can be frustrating.
No matter the reason, it can be helpful to remember that you deserve to feel good and there are steps you can take to improve and maintain your mental wellbeing.
- Build positive relationships
- Take time for yourself
- Look after your mental health
- Look after your physical health
- Set yourself a challenge
- Ask for help
More Advice and Support
Further information is available to support your health and wellbeing:
Education Support Partnership are the UK's only charity providing mental health and wellbeing support services to all education staff and organisations
Mind provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
Reach South Academy Trust has partnered with Health Assured to offer its employees access to an award winning Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
Click here to login (details below) and listen to Dame Kelly Holmes – double Olympic champion and motivational speaker – share her inspiring story and personal experience with mental health.
The Health Assured e-Hub app and online portal help people overcome life’s mental and financial wellbeing challenges.
Available on iOS and Android platforms, it’s the UK and Ireland’s largest and best library of wellbeing resources.
- Use the videos, guides and webinars whenever you need them—wherever you are
- Call the confidential and compassionate helpline. It’s open 24 hours a day—because you never know when you’ll need it
- Lose weight, quit smoking, sleep better and discover mindfulness with our four-week programmes
To access the service: https://healthassuredeap.co.uk/
- Username: Reach
- Password: academy
Alternatively contact the free 24-hour Confidential Helpline: 0800 028 0199
Click here to view the Health Assured Wellbeing Calendar